Traditional Arts Apprenticeships
This annual grant opportunity supports a learning partnership between a recognized master artist and one or more qualified apprentices to continue artistic traditions of a shared cultural heritage.
An apprentice needs to have some background in the art form and indicate a commitment to practicing the art form after the apprenticeship has been completed.
Eligiblity and Restrictions
- Applicant (master artist) must be a practicing artist.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old. Apprentices may be under 18.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen, legal resident, or refugee.
- Apprentices must live in Idaho.
- Applicant must have submitted all final reports for past Commission grants and awards.
- The length of the apprenticeship must not exceed ten months.
- Apprenticeships must include a public presentation or demonstration.
To apply for this grant, follow the link to grants.arts.idaho.gov. If you’re new to our online application system you will need to create a user account and be approved by ICA staff. New account registrations are approved during regular business hours. Questions? Call 208-334-2119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org