Projects for Individuals
This quarterly grant opportunity supports artist-initiated projects and activities. Examples include attendance at an artist residency, release time to create and exhibit a body of work, staging of performances, readings, or the creation of public art.
Eligibility and Restrictions
- Applicant must be a practicing artist
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old
- Applicant must be a United States citizen, legal resident, or refugee, and be an Idaho resident for at least one year prior to the application deadline
- Final reports for past Commission grants and awards must be submitted and approved
- Applicant may receive one Quarterly Grant in a fiscal year. The State of Idaho’s fiscal year runs July 1 through the following June 30
- Fellowship, Traditional Arts Apprenticeship, and Writer in Residence recipients are not eligible for a Projects for Individuals grant during their award year or term.
- Artists working in collaborations must file one joint application whereby one person will be considered the primary applicant
- Individuals who currently are enrolled in a degree or certificate-granting program are not eligible
- Projects cannot begin until July 1, 2023 and must begin before July 1, 2024
To apply for this grant, follow the link to grants.arts.idaho.gov. If you’re new to our online application system you will need to create a user account and be approved by Commission staff. New account registrations are approved during regular business hours. Questions? Call 208-334-2119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org