This annual award recognizes the outstanding work of Idaho artists and writers. Eligible disciplines rotate on a two-year cycle.
Visual Arts (2020) – The Visual Arts Fellowship recognizes Idaho artists whose work demonstrates a commitment to sustained exploration of their art form and engagement with contemporary practices. Fellowships are intended to recognize excellence, promote public awareness, and to advance an artist’s career.
Folk & Traditional Arts (2020) – The Folk and Traditional Arts Fellowship recognizes the exemplary quality of Idaho’s tradition bearers. Their body of work and lifetime of commitment to their community’s creative expressions contribute to our state’s cultural heritage. The Folk and Traditional Arts Fellowship honors individual practitioners who have dedicated their lives to the perpetuation of their customs and, in doing so, promotes public awareness of our state’s diverse and time-honored communities.
Performing and Media Arts (2021)
Eligiblity and Restrictions
- Applicant must be a practicing artist or writer.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen, legal resident, or refugee, and be an Idaho resident for at least one year.
- Applicant must have submitted all final reports for past Commission grants and awards.
- Individuals who currently are enrolled in a degree or certificate-granting program may apply only if the request is not directly related to their degree program.
- Fellowship recipients must wait four years before reapplying.
- Artists may receive a maximum of three Fellowship awards.
- Although two categories are available each year, artists may only apply in one. Contact the Commission if you need help selecting an appropriate category.
To apply for this grant, follow the link to grants.arts.idaho.gov. If you’re new to our online application system you will need to create a user account and be approved by Commission staff. New account registrations are approved during regular business hours. Questions? Call 208-334-2119 or email email@example.com